Category Archives: hubby
Okay, I’m whining. I admit it. I’ve had a rough couple of weeks and I deserve a whining session. Here’s a list of the top 10 things that I’m whining about today.
- Why do my patients wait until they take their last dose of medicine before they call me in a panic that they need a refill NOW?
- When I do move Heaven and Earth to get the meds for the patient, they decide it’s not such an emergency and don’t pick up the meds . . . for over a week!
- Do they honestly think that they will get faster service if they give me a heart wrenching sob story as to why they need an appointment to see the doctor TODAY?
- I spend all morning preparing for a regularly scheduled monthly meeting and the people who attend the meeting EVERY MONTH are always a half hour late!
- Those meeting packets that I spent all morning preparing? Almost all of them end up in the shredding bin.
- I’m still dealing with this cold and I’m still short of breath with the constricted airways. Makes for very interesting phone calls to patients.
- I’m getting better slowly but surely. The key word here is slowly. The doc told me that it will be a full two weeks before I’m all better.
- The only time we hear from Hubby’s Ex is when she wants something. This time she wants us to make a trip to visit Princess for her 35th birthday next month. I’m not even speaking to Princess, why would I drive 700 miles round trip to visit for her birthday?
- I know that I should be grateful that Hubby cleans the house. But does he have to rearrange the knick knacks every time? I can’t find anything anymore. Most of the time he’s moved something to a totally different room or packed it away in storage.
- I’m getting used to having Rocky around. I admit that he’s an adorable little guy and I’m glad that Luci loves him so much. So why do I keep calling him Blacky?
I know that I have a case of the mid-winter blahs and that’s what’s causing the whining session. I’ve had Seasonal Affectional Disorder for years so this isn’t anything new for me. I’m sick of the dreary cold weather. I’m sick of being stuck in the house. Losing Blacky last month didn’t help. Having a nasty head/chest cold that’s bordering on pneumonia isn’t helping. I’m remembering to do all the stuff that I need to do to help myself feel better. But sometimes I really just want to throw a temper tantrum and smack someone up side their head. But if I can’t do that, I’ll eat chocolate. Tonight’s choice is Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.
A little background . . . I met Hubby when I was 19 and he was 28. He was recently divorced with two children – Princess (she was 8 then) and Jr. (then 10). Because I was the rebound girl after Hubby’s divorce, The Ex didn’t like me. Which meant the kids didn’t like me. It was ugly for a really long time. But I hoped that, over the years, I would be able to prove to the kids that I wasn’t the evil stepmoster that I had been painted to be. It’s a really long story and I’ll get into it sometime in the future. Let’s just say that I have been able to have a fairly decent relationship with Jr. but I don’t have much hope for ever having a decent relationship with Princess. BTW, Jr. is now 35 and Princess is 34.
More background . . . Princess is and always has been Daddy’s Little Girl (hence the name Princess). Whatever she wanted or needed, Hubby gave. No questions asked. It was fine when she was a little girl, because she was a little girl. But then she turned 18 and she was out on her own. Supposedly being an adult. She would ask Hubby for money and Hubby would give it to her. He didn’t want the grandkids (she has three) to do without. He thought he was helping. Turns out that she’s come to depend on Hubby whenever things get a little tight. Hubby puts his foot down from time to time and that annoys Princess. She calls him horrible names and drops out of our lives for long periods of time – sometimes up to two years. We’re in a on-again part of the relationship and I just know that it’s going to blow up in our faces again soon.
Now for today’s story . . . Princess called last weekend and said that she needed to “get away” for a while and wanted to come home for the Labor Day Holiday. She lives about 7 hours away from us. The last time she suddenly came home for a visit, she was running from problems in her marriage and needed money. Hubby told her that if she didn’t have the money to get back home after the visit, then she should just stay home. As much as he would love to see her and the grandkids, he wasn’t financing the trip. She said she didn’t have the money so she was going to stay home. We thought that was the end of the story.
Fast forward to yesterday. We got a phone call from Big Man (grandson #2 and Princess’ oldest child). The grandkids rarely call us on their own. Usually we talk to them for a little while when we’re talking to Princess. It’s never a good sign when the grandkids call to talk to us. This was no exception. Princess had Big Man call us to ask for money. She had her 15 year old son call and ask for money because she thought that Hubby wouldn’t say no to his grandson.
Hubby did say no to Big Man. He had told Princess a couple of months ago that we weren’t going to send any more money to her. She said she understood. But that didn’t stop her from asking – or rather didn’t stop her from having Big Man ask for her.
I knew in my heart that it was going to be drama 24/7 when she came back into our lives last summer. Because it’s always drama with Princess. And I knew that it would just be a matter of time before she would hit us up for money. Because she’s always hitting us up for money.
But this time she had her 15 year old son ask Hubby for money.
Oh. No. She. Didn’t!
Oh. Yes. She. Did.
By the way, we haven’t heard anything from Princess since last Saturday night when she called to say that she had changed her mind about coming home. After yesterday’s phone call with Big Man, I’m betting it’s going to be a really long time before we hear from her again.
I’d give anything to be wrong about this . . . just once I’d love to be wrong . . .
Not much going on today. It’s one of those wonderful late summer days where there is no agenda and no timeline. I had a few errands to run this morning and I’ve been doing the laundry. Hubby is outside with the neighbor who is going to paint the outside of the house this weekend. Blacky is pacing through the house becuase of the noise the power washer the neighbor is using to clean the outside of the house before he can paint. Luci is pacing through the house becuase she is afraid she is going to miss something.
I had Luci out back earlier playing in the pool to distract her, but she wasn’t having any of that. She knew there was excitement going on in the front of the house and she HAD to be there to see what was going on.
When I get done with the laundry and I’ll go out back with my iced tea and my cross stitch. The humidity is much lower today and it’s actually pretty nice outside under the awning on the deck.
You just gotta love early August lazy Saturdays . . .