The fishing expo/country concert is over. Hubby survived, but man is he tired. He did more networking today. Another one of the pro fishermen offered to hand out business cards for Hubby. That’s three boxes of business cards that we’ve handed out to different guys to hand out for us.
In honor of the three day event . . . here’s a Thirteen Things summary of the event . . .
- Sunshine and alcohol are never a good combination. . . but it makes for some interesting people watching.
- Famous people don’t always look like famous people.
- The Dog Mobile doesn’t have 4 wheel drive, but it sure can drive through some mud.
- If you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and you don’t want to drive through the mud, why did you drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle in the first place.
- The best food in the world is fair food.
- Sometimes famous people are the nicest people you’ll ever meet. . .
- And sometimes they’re the biggest jerks you’ll ever meet.
- I always get chills whenever I see a Marine or a Sailor in full dress uniform.
- Always wear sunscreen. And a hat.
- It must be an unwritten law somewhere that every Southern Rock Band in American has to play “Sweet Home Alabama”. This is a law that must be repealed . . . immediately.
- Speaking of laws . . . it should be against the law to wear spandex shorts and belly shirts after the age of 30, sundresses and cowboy boots at any age, or to have your bra straps showing on purpose.
- I have a lot to learn about professional fishing. Up until this weekend, I never realized that you could make a career of being a fisherman.
- I love seeing Hubby’s eyes light up whenever he talks to someone about fixing fishing rods.
Believe me, there are a ton of interesting stories about this weekend. And I can’t wait to share them.