I’ve been thinking about this past year and all the things I have to be thankful for . . .
1. My health – no complications after the hysterectomy. Except for the hot flashes, mood swings, and night sweats.
2. Hubby’s health – blood pressure is finally under control. Yippee!!
3. MIL’s health is fairly steady. No "Family Fall Health Crisis" this year.
4. Mom has had no other problems since the hip surgery.
5. I found a new job without even trying. Even though I’m still getting adjusted to the job, I think it was a good move for me.
6. Hubby’s fishing rod repair business. It’s just steady enough to keep him happy.
7. Jr. (my step-son) has a job and a girlfriend that’s good to him.
8. Princess (my step-daughter) is patching up her relationship with Hubby
9. Blacky and Luci. Maybe I should put them at the top of the list?
10. My blogging buddies. Catholic Mom, Nadine, Beth, Sherry. You always bring a smile to my face. =)
Ooohh, time for the parade!!
I’m up early – because the doggies needed their breakfast – and because I have to do a little cooking for dinner at MIL’s today. Very little cooking, because she is the queen of holiday cooking. But that’s another story for another day. I’m making my famous macaroni and cheese and deviled eggs. I get to make those because she doesn’t make either of those dishes. I’ve always found that very strange since they are staples at the family dinners with my side of the family.
The weather here is dreary. Cloudy, cold, chance of rain. Luci loves this kind of weather. Yes, the mud room and the kitchen floor is a mess.
I’m watching the parade and will be watching the dog show later . . . and football later this afternoon.
Dinner at MIL’s is at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. – depends on when the SIL shows up. We don’t go to dinner with my folks . . . again a long story that we’ll discuss later. But I did get over to see them on Tuesday. And from what I hear, it should be big fun at Mom & Dad’s this year. My Oldest Nephew is bringing New Girlfriend to Thanksgiving dinner. I will have to call Little Sister later to get the scoop.
Hope everyone has a Wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving . . .