I got tagged by Catholic Mom. Here are the rules. (1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Took me a while, but here it is. Eight Totally Random Things About Me.
1. I’ve always wanted a large family. I’m one of 6 kids and had a wonderfully normal Midwestern childhood. I wanted my kids to have the same kind of childhood that I had. My mom has always said you better watch what you wish for, you might just get it. I got my wish for a large family . . . I never specified that they should be human kids. All my kids have four legs. Over the years, Hubby and I have raised 7 "kids".
2. I pre-arranged Goldie’s funeral. Yes, I thought it would be a little "odd" to so such a thing for a dog, but the staff that helped me with the arrangements told me it was actually a fairly common thing to do.
3. I once had to have a prescription for Blacky filled at Walgreen’s. The pharmacy tech looked at me a little funny when I gave her Blacky’s name as the patient. Then I explained that Blacky was a dog and she looked at me like I had two heads. She called the pharmacist over to tell him about the prescription and he confirmed that they do it all the time. That’s when the pharmacy tech at the pharmacist like he had two heads. I still laugh about that.
4. I only wear Levi’s jeans. Levi’s 550 relaxed fit boot leg jeans to be exact. I’ve been wearing them since high school. They are the only style of jeans that fit me.
5. The older I get, the more I look like my Dad.
6. I always play $5 on the lottery when the jackpot is over $100 million. I never win.
7. My favorite dessert is chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Er, rather, my Mom’s chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.
8. At work, I have to have Outlook opened first in my task bar. If it’s not the first thing, I’ll close everything and start over to make sure Outlook is first.
Okay, I didn’t think I was that odd until I re-read this post. I’m supposed to tag 8 people, but all the people I would tag have already done this blog . . . so let me know if you’re interested in playing along . . .