Over the weekend, Luci was quite a handful. More of a handful than normal. I don’t know what has gotten into her. She hasn’t been this ornery in months. I hope that it’s just a growth spurt where she has more energy than normal and it’s not a permanent change. It’s hard to be mad at her because she’s so cute. I’ll holler at her to stop doing something and she’ll look at me with this "Oh, I’m not allowed to do that?" look that just makes me smile. I have to make sure she doesn’t see me smiling or laughing – that just defeats the whole stern "mommy voice" thing.
Let me share a summary of the latest Luci mischief
- Stole and ate 5 glazed donuts off the kitchen table. I had to leave the room quickly to answer Mother Nature’s call and left the box of donuts on the table. When I came back downstairs, the empty box of donuts was on the floor along with my newspaper. She had that "May I have more" look on her face.
- Busted trying to steal my tuna sandwich. I made the sandwich and put it on the table and went to get a can of Coke. Shut the fridge door and there she was, front paws on the table, making a grab for the sandwich.
- Chewed through the garden hose. I should have seen this one coming. I caught her chewing on the metal end of the hose a couple of times. The third time I caught her with the hose, she’d chewed through a section of hose and was dragging part of it through the yard. I had to spray the hose with the vinegar and lime juice mix to get her to stop bothering the hose. So far it’s working.
- Chewed up the corner of the recycle bin. I thought she was standing on the recycle bin to get to the hose, so I turned the recycle bin over and moved it to the other side of the yard. Checked on her again and she was chewing on the corner of the bin. Sprayed with vinegar and lime juice and put it back in original spot. So far, so good.
- Found two empty water bottles and was chewing them up – I still have no idea where she got them.
- Busted trying to climb into Hubby’s little fishing boat. I don’t know if she was trying to get in the boat or was looking to see what was in the boat.
- Found one of Hubby’s fishing rags and was dragging that through the yard. That one is easy to figure out. She wanted it because it stinks like fish. I think she stole it out of the little fishing boat.
- Chewed up Hubby’s mini paint roller. Haven’t told Hubby about this one yet. But it was his fault for leaving it where she could get to it.
- Caught her playing toss with the apples that are falling out of the apple tree. She doesn’t eat them – she’ll throw them in the air and then go chase after them. The branches are really low to the ground and I can’t be sure that she’s not picking the apples off the tre.
With the exception of the glazed donut thing, all of this mischief took place yesterday. Hubby missed out on these events because he was fishing yesterday morning and was gone until about 2 p.m. By that time, she had run out of steam and was sleeping peacefully under the kitchen table.